Houston we have a problem ...

Вы здесь: Форумы fantlab.ru > Форум «English forum on Fantlab.ru» > Тема «Houston, we have a problem... (website support)»

Houston, we have a problem... (website support)

автор  сообщение

магистр

Ссылка на сообщение 18 апреля 2011 г. 19:45  
This topic has answers to questions.
Support site users.
–––
ϝʟ * Никаких компромиссов, даже перед лицом армагеддона (Роршах)

философ

Ссылка на сообщение 31 августа 2016 г. 18:36  

цитата Aryan

They would translate "save somebody" like "сэкономил кого-то"

Seems like they've fixed that by now. Aren't you going to change your mind about google translator in view of this fact? :-)))
–––
We all end in the ocean All start in the streams
We're all carried along By the river of dreams

философ

Ссылка на сообщение 16 января 2017 г. 02:13  

цитата Aryan

As I found out, in many cases once you start looking for some book or an author using Google or Yandex, the very first things that pop out, are Fantlab links. So everything is possible

цитата Kebab

Anyway, the administartion should create full english version, not only the forum.

Well, as almost 6 years have passed since this forum was created, it can be stated distinctly, I suppose, that one would fail attracting English speakers on FL through the approach being utilised. I mean, turning FL into .com site is a pretty good idea, but if we really want it, we would have chosen another path. Sorry if too straight: finding euphemisms is rather difficult when writing/speaking foreign language.:-)

So, how do you think, where should we end up if have tried, back to those days, set up some contacts with active members of UK/US fandom and get them known about how beautiful our site is and what a nice functionality it does possess, and how friendly and hospital are Russians gathered here and... yeah, something telling me, my idea, hasn't been sounded explicitly, somewhat make sense to you even now. :-)

Really, what's wrong attempt to find right guys who could run fantlab.com: entirely identical to the Russian one, not only in terms of the sight but in the ideology too, and with much larger audience? We've got a pretty good background for this, to my mind.

But for there is nothing easier than spreading this suggestion to the size of a small article, I'd better stop here, since the point is clear. 8-)

Be sure to correct my awful English: here or in the private chat. I do aim for improving writing and speaking skills, so I'd be delighted getting useful comments. And comments on topic as well, of course. :-)))
–––

философ

Ссылка на сообщение 27 мая 2017 г. 16:09  
Ok, I see, the idea isn't that popular I thought it would be. Should explore Goodreads then.
–––

новичок

Ссылка на сообщение 16 декабря 2018 г. 11:18  

цитата vad

Can you speak 'comme il faut'? Is this forum dead? But not 'This forum is dead?" Я хоть и не англичанин, но режет слух.

активист

Ссылка на сообщение 18 октября 2020 г. 08:47  
This is not really a question, but a suggestion — it would be nice to have a way that you can see a list of messages here people replied to you.

A lot of forums have that feature- if someone quotes you in a message, then you get notified.

активист

Ссылка на сообщение 18 октября 2020 г. 08:49  

цитата dist

Hello
This http://forum.newparadigma.ru/read.php?2,2... is dead? :-(((

Can you speak 'comme il faut'? Is this forum dead? But not 'This forum is dead?" Я хоть и не англичанин, но режет слух.

I don't know what "comme il faut" means, but what he wrote is OK in terms of internet jargon, even though it is not grammatically correct English.

Probably a good example or analogy in Russian is ИМХО. It doesn't make sense in Russian but it is still internet jargon.

активист

Ссылка на сообщение 19 октября 2020 г. 02:10  
Fortunately, I was able to register and login and post with no problems.

активист

Ссылка на сообщение 19 октября 2020 г. 02:36  
Well I do have a question — right now at 7:35 PM it says that my level is:

цитата

Развитие:
164.34 из 200.

How do I raise the points exactly? I mean, how are the points calculated? Is it per post or per words total written?

активист

Ссылка на сообщение 19 октября 2020 г. 02:40  
So for example, now 2 minutes later after that post, it says:

цитата

164.42 из 200

This suggests that I got only 0.08 points for writing a single message out of 200.
200-164.42= 35.58 messages.
This means that to get to 200 I would need to write 445 more messages, apparently.

миротворец

Ссылка на сообщение 19 октября 2020 г. 09:23  

цитата rakovsky

How do I raise the points exactly? I mean, how are the points calculated? Is it per post or per words total written?

You can find this information at page about this site
Please read it from words "User Classifications, stages of advancement"
Or the same (maybe more detailed version) at Russian — https://fantlab.ru/about
From the words "Классы посетителей. Этапы развития"
–––
"Религия — это убеждение, что все, с нами происходящее, весьма важно."
Чезаре Павезе

активист

Ссылка на сообщение 21 октября 2020 г. 05:13  
Thanks!
Страницы: 12    🔍 поиск

Вы здесь: Форумы fantlab.ru > Форум «English forum on Fantlab.ru» > Тема «Houston, we have a problem... (website support)»

Новое сообщение по теме «Houston, we have a problem... (website support)»
Инструменты   

Внимание! Чтобы общаться на форуме, Вам нужно пройти авторизацию:

Авторизация

логин:
пароль:
регистрация | забыли пароль?

⇑ Наверх