How often do you read books ...

Вы здесь: Форумы fantlab.ru > Форум «English forum on Fantlab.ru» > Тема «How often do you read books in English»

How often do you read books in English

Варианты ответов Мой голос

Внимание! Для голосования Вам нужно пройти авторизацию
 автор  сообщение

новичок

Ссылка на сообщение 16 марта 2020 г. 11:20  
I'm currently reading 'A Brief History Of Time' by Stephen Hawking. I was afraid, that this book will be too difficult for me to read, but the author has a truly magical gift to explain complicated things and make them easy for understanding. Highly recommend everyone to read:)

новичок

Ссылка на сообщение 18 июня 2020 г. 16:00  
wow, thank you for your coment! I wanted to read it too, now I know that I can read it even in English!

новичок

Ссылка на сообщение 24 июля 2020 г. 22:59  
What is it about, in a nutshell?:-D

новичок

Ссылка на сообщение 23 сентября 2020 г. 10:02  
I started to read Harry Potter's book. it is seemed interesting

активист

Ссылка на сообщение 18 октября 2020 г. 08:54  
Well, in my case English is my first language, so I usually read in English. But lately I have been reading Gennady Smolin's book on Bulgakov only in Russian.

активист

Ссылка на сообщение 18 октября 2020 г. 08:57  

цитата Кечуа

Hello. As for me, I read some fairy-tales in English. Now I'm going to read more serious book in English. But my language isn't enough good to read very complicated book. What would you advise me?

Get a copy of the English book and also a copy of the Russian book and then read one and then another, like paragraph by paragraph.

Otherwise if you just want something simple in English, Mark Twain's books are classics and he has them in short story form.

активист

Ссылка на сообщение 18 октября 2020 г. 08:57  

цитата Cobby

I started to read Harry Potter's book. it is seemed interesting

Harry Potter's books seem to have occult allusions.

миротворец

Ссылка на сообщение 30 мая 2021 г. 16:05  
Rarely. I read only my favorite prose in English language. For the rest, I read in Russian language.
–––
Быть врачом — самая важная и самая гуманная профессия в мире.
Легко осуждать перевод ни разу не прочитав цикл в оригинале.

авторитет

Ссылка на сообщение 13 июня 2021 г. 21:05  
I've been reading nothing but in English for several years now, since I often cannot wait for a translation to be published. Besides, the originals are mostly way better than their translations. Now I'm addicted :D

авторитет

Ссылка на сообщение 28 июля 2021 г. 12:29  
Still i have no one book readen, but i have a plan read something

авторитет

Ссылка на сообщение 28 июля 2021 г. 21:17  
Кечуа
I'd advise you to read not complicated books.
–––
в таксономическом единстве

магистр

Ссылка на сообщение 17 ноября 2021 г. 22:12  
Until now I've read only in Russian but recently I've decided to try myself at reading in English, besides a tale I wanted to read wasn't published Russian then. And I've already read two stories and am reading third. And I have to say I feel great since I have an opportunity to read what hasn't published yet. And an author I'm reading now, Joe Lansdale, has written a new story of series of Jebidiah Mercer this year and it definitely won't be published Russian in short time. In these cases I read in English and am glad that I'm able to do that.
–––
No better to be safe than sorry

магистр

Ссылка на сообщение 16 декабря 2021 г. 11:33  
I started to buy books in English regularly in 2021. I really like buying from Bookdepositary and waiting until it arrives because I know I can find all cycles from there. I have started with "Saxon Chronicles" Cornwell. I have read 5 books out of 13 now. I have bought 1 book ranobe Re:Zero. Also I have bought the next book of Harrington cycle that I have read previously from the phone. I plan to buy also a Malazan cycle. The high price of the book and practicing English motivates me to read.

активист

Ссылка на сообщение 12 июля 2022 г. 11:32  
I've switched to English only while reading and watching TV series for the sake of entertainment. It's rather difficult otherwise to keep yourself immersed in the 2nd language. Russia is pretty xenophobic. It goes backwards in time, even the lingua franca of modern society has no chances here.
Страницы: 12345678    🔍 поиск

Вы здесь: Форумы fantlab.ru > Форум «English forum on Fantlab.ru» > Тема «How often do you read books in English»

Новое сообщение по теме «How often do you read books in English»
Инструменты   

Внимание! Чтобы общаться на форуме, Вам нужно пройти авторизацию:

Авторизация

логин:
пароль:
регистрация | забыли пароль?

⇑ Наверх